Academics: Guidance Overview
The work of the counseling office is based on the philosophy that everyone counts, that each individual has certain aptitudes that should be discovered and developed, and that every individual person can contribute something unique and worthwhile to family community, and society. The guidance office supports the school's mission as it strives to offer the following services:
- Provide academic counseling throughout the student's high school career.
- Provide students with college selection information through college visitation days, college fairs, on campus-visits from college representatives, and in-class research.
- Publicize information related to college admissions and financial aid deadlines.
- Publicize scholarship opportunities and assist with applications.
- Assist families in understanding and applying for financial aid.
- Assist students in defining career interests through the career interest inventories given on the EXPLORE, PLAN, and ASVAB tests.
- Assist students in developing career interest through the Job Shadowing and Career Day programs.