COLLEGE & SCHOLARSHIP LETTERS - Please turn in copies of all acceptance letters and scholarship offers that you receive to Ms. Koontz, even if you don't plan to attend or accept. We keep track of this information.
Raiseme Scholarship - Earn micro-scholarships directly from four-year colleges for your school achievements starting in the 9th grade, all the way through to community college! Deadline varies by school.
Scholarship Search Sites - Five scholarship search platforms
KY Work Ready Scholarship - Be enrolled or accepted into an approved program of study that leads to an industry recognized certificate or diploma or Associate of Applied Science degree in a high-demand workforce sector. Qualifying areas are health care, advanced manufacturing, transportation/logistics, business services, IT and construction. Money is given on 1st come, 1st serve basis.
AOPA Flight Training Scholarship - $2,500 - $14,000 for primary flight training, advanced ratings/certificates, and aviation maintenance. Deadline: February 10, 2023.
KHSAA Louis Stout Memorial Scholarship - $2,000. Minimum criteria is a 3.5 (converted to 4.0 scale) grade point average; involvement in varsity sports or sport-activities; involvement in other school activities and a record of community service/involvement. Applicants with a knowledge of Mr. Stout and his accomplishments will be noted. Deadline: February 13, 2023.
Coolidge Scholarship - (Open for juniors only) Full ride scholarship which covers tuition, room, board, and expenses for four years. Deadline: February 23, 2023.
KY All "A" Classic Scholarship - $1,000. For seniors intending to attend a post-secondary institution in Kentucky. Deadline: February 24, 2023.
Flavorful Futures Scholarship - 5 - $5,000 scholarships. Minimum 2.5 gpa. Deadline: March 1, 2023.
Howard Roush Scholarshipp - 10 - $2,500 scholarships. Minimum 3.0 gpa. Must be a member of Abound Credit Union since December 31, 2022. Deadline: March 1 2023. (Application opens January 1)
Alzheimer's Foundation of America Scholarship - up to $5,000, over 100 scholarships awarded last year. How has Alzheimer's disease changed or impacted your life? Deadline: March 1, 2023.
NPC Centennial Scholarship for Women - $2,000. Write a short essay. Deadline: March 15, 2023.
Eljay Cowherd's Scholarship Scholarship for Women - minimum amount of $500. Short answer questions. See Ms. Koontz for an application. Deadline: April 1, 2023.
KY Federation of Republican Women - $1,500. One page essay about a Republican woman you admired or who has influenced your life and why. Must be politically active within the Republican party. See Ms. Koontz for an application. Deadline: April 3, 2023.
Men's College Scholarship - up to $1,000. This scholarship is designed to identify and reward outstanding high school seniors who have demonstrated an ability to excel in the fields of academics, extra-curricular school activities, and community involvement. The scholarship is available to any male, graduating senior from an accredited high school who is enrolling in a four-year undergraduate college program that commences in the fall. Deadline: April 3, 2023.
KY Home Extension Master Gardeners Association Scholarship - (2) $1,000. Student should be majoring in a horticultural related field-i.e., forestry, biotechnology, biochemistry, moleccular biology, environmental programs, ecology, etc. See Ms. Koontz for an application. Deadline: April 20, 2023.
NHS MEMBERS: Use www.nhs.us/scholardollars to search for more scholarships.
Naval Reserve Officers Training Scholarship - Minimum ACT Score Math 21, English 22,
Fitness Assessment scoresheet. Full tuition plus monthly $250 stipend.
U.S. Army ROTC Scholarship - Minimum 19 on ACT ; 2.5 GPA and meet physical
standards. Full tuition plus monthly stipend.
UPS (United Parcel Service) offers 100% tuition paid.
Advanced Manufacturing Technician Program / Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Earn money while you attend school. Attend class full time two days a week and work
Parents please contact your human-resources department or benefits manager to find out whether your employer offers scholarships.
- Assumption College - Annual $2,500 Scholarship for Catholic High School Students.
- Bellarmine University - Get a $1,000 for simply completing the FAFSA.
- Thomas More College gives $13,000 to Bethlehem graduates with a 2.5 and minimum 20 ACT. Bishop Roger J. Foys Ministry and Service Scholarship up to $32,000 must have at least a 22 ACT and 3.0 GPA. Visit Thomas More and receive an extra $1500 scholarship.
- Saint Michael's College in Vermont gives $5,000 per year to graduates from Catholic high schools. Admission application must be received by Feb. 1, 2015.
- Seton Hall University - Catholic high school graduates with a minimum 3.0 GPA and a 29 composite ACT will be awarded $2,000 annually for four years.
- Brescia University gives the Catholic Connection Grant (1/2 tuition) from Catholic high schools.
- Aquinas College (Nashville) gives $1,000 to students from a Catholic high school.
- Tennessee Tech offers Eagle's Reach Tuition Reduction program, a savings of $11,200 per year.
- Bellarmine University-The Bellarmine Scholars and Bellarmine Fellows awards, awarded to entering freshmen, are Bellarmine’s most prestigious academic scholarships. The application deadline is December 1 and an essay with the topic "Describe an incident or situation in your life which piqued your intellectual curiosity" is required. Past recipients have scored 30 or higher on the ACT or 1390 or higher on the SAT and demonstrated a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- Centre College - All students who apply for admission by January 15 are considered for a merit scholarship.
- Eastern Kentucky University - Enter your GPA and ACT/SAT score to see if you qualify for a merit scholarship.
- Morehead University will award new freshmen with a minimum 3.25 GPA and 22 ACT a $2,500 scholarship; a 3.50 and a 25 = $5,000; a 3.75 and 28 ACT = $8.000. Must apply by March 15. Honors Scholarship application due December 1. Scholarship information link.
- Murray State University - Must complete an MSU Scholarship application by January 15.
- Northern Kentucky University- will award new freshmen with a minimum 2.5 GPA and 21 composite ACT will be considered for a merit scholarship.
- Transylvania University the William T. Young, Kenan, & Trustee Scholarships application must be submitted by December 1.
- University of Kentucky - Completed admissions application and transcript must be received by December 1.
- University of Louisville - Honors Program requirements are 3.5 GPA , minimum 29 ACT and evidence of leadership, service and rigorous curriculum. Deadline for application is January 15.
- UofL Mentored Scholarships (Brown Fellows; Grawemeyer; MLK ; and MCConnell) deadline is December 15. UofL Guaranteed Entrance programs deadline is December 15.
- Western Kentucky University - Honors College application serves as the application for the Cherry Presidential scholarship if received by December 1. Admission application deadline is November 15. For all other scholarships, students must be admitted by January 15th and submit the TopDollar scholarship application and all required documents by February 1st.
Contact Rita S. Koontz, College & Career Counselor [email protected].