COLLEGE & SCHOLARSHIP LETTERS - Please turn in copies of all acceptance letters and scholarship offers that you receive to Ms. Koontz, even if you don't plan to attend or accept. We keep track of this information.
Raiseme Scholarship - Earn micro-scholarships directly from four-year colleges for your school achievements starting in the 9th grade, all the way through to community college! Deadline varies by school.
Scholarship Search Sites - Five scholarship search platforms.
Flavorful Futures Scholarship - Five $5,000 scholarships. Minimum 2.5 gpa required. Looking for fun and unique students. Deadline: February 15, 2019.
2019 Whitaker Bank / KHSAA Sweet 16 Scholarship - $1,500. Must have participated in a KHSAA sanctioned sport. Scholarship based on academics, leadership and service. Deadline: February 28, 2019.
KY Farm Bureau Education Foundation Scholarship- Minimum 3.5 GPA, be a child of a KY Farm Bureau member, parents must be actively engaged in production agriculture. Deadline: February 28, 2019.
Scholarship Central - 90 scholarships available including eight Bardstown Rotary Scholarships. Deadline: March 1, 2019.
Alzheimer's Foundation of America Teens College Scholarship Essay Contest - up to $5,000. Students are required to submit an autobiography and write a 1,200 to 1,500 word essay. Deadline: February 15, 2019.
Achieve Your Dreams Scholarship - $500. Essay required. Deadline: February 17, 2019.
George Crafton Memorial Scholarship - $1,000. For students planning on studying agriculture. Essay is required. Deadline: March 1, 2019.
Community Foundation of Louisville Scholarship - Application for several scholarships. Deadline: March 15, 2019.
William Tolbert Whittenberg Scholarship for Performing Arts Excellence - up to $10,000. Must reside in Jefferson, Bullitt, Shelby, Spencer or Oldham county. Plan to pursue a career in performing arts, for ages 16 - 20. Deadline: March 25, 2019.
Frances Kateri "Teri" Edelen Memorial Scholarship - $1,500. Minimum 3.0 gpa and plan on majoring in nursing. This scholarship is exclusively for a Bethlehem student. Deadline: March 27, 2019.
Mike Rowe Work Ethic Scholarship - Are you interested in learning a trade? not afraid to get your hands dirty? This is a scholarship for you. Deadline: March 28, 2019.
Bluegrass Cellular Scholarship - $1,500. Applicant or guardian must be a Bluegrass Cellular customer. 2.5 minimum GPA required. Based on need, academics, community involvement and essay. Deadline: March 29, 2019.
Nelson County Farm Bureau Scholarship - up to $1,000. Must be a member of Nelson County Farm Bureau. Three letters of recommendation required. Deadline: March 29, 2019. (Pick up an application from Ms. Koontz).
KY Law Enforcement Memorial Foundation Scholarship - up to $2,000. Must be dependent of current, retired or disabled KY sworn police officer. Deadline: March 31, 2019.
Howard Roush Memorial Scholarship Program - $1,000. Minimum 3.0 gpa and be a member with Ft. Knox Federal Credit Union for a minimum of 6 months. Deadline: April 1, 2019.
Hardin Memorial Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship - $1,000. Minimum 3.0 GPA, have intentions of entering or have already been accepted in a medical field of study. Deadline: April 1, 2019.
Women Leading Kentucky Scholarship - $1,500 scholarship. Minimum 3.0 GPA. Must demonstrate leadership and plan on attending a Kentucky university. Deadline: April 1, 2019.
AFSA Scholarship - $2,000. Must take a 10 question multiple choice test. Deadline: April 1, 2019.
KY Home Extension Master Gardeners Scholarship - $1,000. Must be a Nelson County resident planning on majoring in a horticultural related field (forestry, biotechnology, biochemistry, molecular biology, environmental programs, botany or other related field). Email Ms. Koontz for an application. Deadline: April 3, 2019.
William Cross & Cliff Burgess Memorial Scholarship - Minimum 2.5 gpa. 100 word essay and two letters of recommendations required. Application available in Ms. Koontz's office. Deadline: April 15, 2019.
Salt River Electric Scholarship - $1,000. Must reside on Salt River Electric lines. Minimum 2.5 gpa. 500 word essay required. Deadline: April 5, 2019.
Tom Duncan Reed "Service Above Self" Scholarship - Must be a resident of Washington County and have a minimum 3.0 gpa. Deadline: April 25th, 2019.
Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarships - up to $2,000. Must be a high school junior playing for a high school team or in club sports. 2.5 minimum gpa. Deadline: May 31,2019.
Aspiring Animation Professional Scholarship - $1,000. 500-1000 word essay required. Deadline: May 31, 2019.
Wilshire Law Firm Scholarship - $1,000. minimum 3.0 gpa. 600 word essay required. Deadline: June 28 2019.
NHS MEMBERS: Use www.nhs.us/scholardollars to search for more scholarships.
Naval Reserve Officers Training Scholarship - Minimum ACT Score Math 21, English 22,
Fitness Assessment scoresheet. Full tuition plus monthly $250 stipend.
U.S. Army ROTC Scholarship - Minimum 19 on ACT ; 2.5 GPA and meet physical
standards. Full tuition plus monthly stipend.
UPS (United Parcel Service) offers 100% tuition paid.
Advanced Manufacturing Technician Program / Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Earn money while you attend school. Attend class full time two days a week and work
Parents please contact your human-resources department or benefits manager to find out whether your employer offers scholarships.
- Assumption College - Annual $2,500 Scholarship for Catholic High School Students.
- Bellarmine University - Get a $1,000 for simply completing the FAFSA.
- Thomas More College gives $13,000 to Bethlehem graduates with a 2.5 and minimum 20 ACT. Bishop Roger J. Foys Ministry and Service Scholarship up to $32,000 must have at least a 22 ACT and 3.0 GPA. Visit Thomas More and receive an extra $1500 scholarship.
- Saint Michael's College in Vermont gives $5,000 per year to graduates from Catholic high schools. Admission application must be received by Feb. 1, 2015.
- Seton Hall University - Catholic high school graduates with a minimum 3.0 GPA and a 29 composite ACT will be awarded $2,000 annually for four years.
- Brescia University gives the Catholic Connection Grant (1/2 tuition) from Catholic high schools.
- Aquinas College (Nashville) gives $1,000 to students from a Catholic high school.
- Tennessee Tech offers Eagle's Reach Tuition Reduction program, a savings of $11,200 per year.
- Bellarmine University-The Bellarmine Scholars and Bellarmine Fellows awards, awarded to entering freshmen, are Bellarmine’s most prestigious academic scholarships. The application deadline is December 1 and an essay with the topic "Describe an incident or situation in your life which piqued your intellectual curiosity" is required. Past recipients have scored 30 or higher on the ACT or 1390 or higher on the SAT and demonstrated a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- Centre College - All students who apply for admission by January 15 are considered for a merit scholarship.
- Eastern Kentucky University - Enter your GPA and ACT/SAT score to see if you qualify for a merit scholarship.
- Morehead University will award new freshmen with a minimum 3.25 GPA and 22 ACT a $2,500 scholarship; a 3.50 and a 25 = $5,000; a 3.75 and 28 ACT = $8.000. Must apply by March 15. Honors Scholarship application due December 1. Scholarship information link.
- Murray State University - Must complete an MSU Scholarship application by January 15.
- Northern Kentucky University- will award new freshmen with a minimum 2.5 GPA and 21 composite ACT will be considered for a merit scholarship.
- Transylvania University the William T. Young, Kenan, & Trustee Scholarships application must be submitted by December 1.
- University of Kentucky - Completed admissions application and transcript must be received by December 1.
- University of Louisville - Honors Program requirements are 3.5 GPA , minimum 29 ACT and evidence of leadership, service and rigorous curriculum. Deadline for application is January 15.
- UofL Mentored Scholarships (Brown Fellows; Grawemeyer; MLK ; and MCConnell) deadline is December 15. UofL Guaranteed Entrance programs deadline is December 15.
- Western Kentucky University - Honors College application serves as the application for the Cherry Presidential scholarship if received by December 1. Admission application deadline is November 15. For all other scholarships, students must be admitted by January 15th and submit the TopDollar scholarship application and all required documents by February 1st.
Contact Rita S. Koontz, College & Career Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org.