COLLEGE & SCHOLARSHIP LETTERS - Please turn in copies of all acceptance letters and scholarship offers that you receive to Ms. Koontz, even if you don't plan to attend or accept. We keep track of this information.
Raiseme Scholarship - Earn micro-scholarships directly from four-year colleges for your school achievements starting in the 9th grade, all the way through to community college! Deadline varies by school.
Scholarship Search Sites - Five scholarship search platforms.
Horatio Alger Scholarship - $5,000-$20,000. This scholarship is based on need, co-curricular and community activities. Deadline: October 25, 2018.
ACT College & Career Readiness Champions - $500. Minimum 22 ACT composite. Must have overcome challenges, preference will be given to underrepresented or first-generation college students. Deadline October 31, 2018.
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship - $20,000. An achievement-based scholarship recognizing seniors for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. Deadline: October 31, 2018.
William T. Robinson Scholarship - $2,000. Essay How do you think concrete could be used to solve an issue facing Kentuckians today? Deadline: November 2, 2018.
Allegra Ford Thomas Scholarship - $2,500. Must have a documented learning disability and intend to enroll in a two-year community college, vocational or technical training program or a specialized program for students with LD. Deadline: November 13, 2018.
Anne Ford Scholarship - $10,000. Must have a documented learning disability and intend to enroll in a four year college. Minimum 3.00 gpa. Deadline: November 13, 2018.
Fireside Essay Scholarship - $1,000. Five winners will receive a $1,000 cash award. Essay no longer than 750 words or 2 pages maximum. Essays are due to Ms. Koontz by Friday, November 16. One essay will be chosen to represent Bethlehem. For more information and application see Ms. Koontz.
Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship - $40,000. For high-achieving seniors with financial need who seek to attend the nation's best four-year colleges and universities. 3.5 minimum gpa and a 26 ACT. Applicants with family income up to $95,000 will be considered. Deadline: November 20, 2018.
National Honor Society Scholarship - up to $25,000 (numerous $3,200 scholarships) must be a member of NHS. Deadline: December 7, 2018.
Foot Locker Scholarship - $20,000. Minimum 3.0 GPA, must be involved in sports and embody good sportsmanship. Deadline: December 14, 2018.
AXA Achievement Scholarship - up to $25,000. Must have demonstrated strong academics, outstanding achievement in school activities, community or the workplace. Deadline: December 14, 2018.
Avacare Medical Scholarship - $1,000. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Pursuing a degree in the medical field such as therapy, nursing, medicine, nutrition, laboratory science, dentistry, health law, etc. Deadline: December 15, 2018.
Badcredit.org Wealth Wise Scholarship - $1,000. Based on academic merit and submission of a short essay. Minimum gpa required is a 3.5. Deadline: December 31, 2018.
Fieldboom Scholarship - $1,500. One piece of work must be submitted such as a marketing plan, an essay related to business, an overview of an existing industry, etc. Deadline: December 31, 2018.
GE-Reagan Foundation - up to $40,000. For high school seniors who demonstrate leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship. Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Deadline: January 4, 2019.
George Crafton Memorial Scholarship - $1,000. For students planning on studying agriculture. Essay is required. Deadline: March 1, 2019.
NHS MEMBERS: Use www.nhs.us/scholardollars to search for more scholarships.
Naval Reserve Officers Training Scholarship - Minimum ACT Score Math 21, English 22,
Fitness Assessment scoresheet. Full tuition plus monthly $250 stipend.
U.S. Army ROTC Scholarship - Minimum 19 on ACT ; 2.5 GPA and meet physical
standards. Full tuition plus monthly stipend.
UPS (United Parcel Service) offers 100% tuition paid.
Advanced Manufacturing Technician Program / Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Earn money while you attend school. Attend class full time two days a week and work
Parents please contact your human-resources department or benefits manager to find out whether your employer offers scholarships.
- Assumption College - Annual $2,500 Scholarship for Catholic High School Students.
- Bellarmine University - Get a $1,000 for simply completing the FAFSA.
- Thomas More College gives $13,000 to Bethlehem graduates with a 2.5 and minimum 20 ACT. Bishop Roger J. Foys Ministry and Service Scholarship up to $32,000 must have at least a 22 ACT and 3.0 GPA. Visit Thomas More and receive an extra $1500 scholarship.
- Saint Michael's College in Vermont gives $5,000 per year to graduates from Catholic high schools. Admission application must be received by Feb. 1, 2015.
- Seton Hall University - Catholic high school graduates with a minimum 3.0 GPA and a 29 composite ACT will be awarded $2,000 annually for four years.
- Brescia University gives the Catholic Connection Grant (1/2 tuition) from Catholic high schools.
- Aquinas College (Nashville) gives $1,000 to students from a Catholic high school.
- Tennessee Tech offers Eagle's Reach Tuition Reduction program, a savings of $11,200 per year.
- Bellarmine University-The Bellarmine Scholars and Bellarmine Fellows awards, awarded to entering freshmen, are Bellarmine’s most prestigious academic scholarships. The application deadline is December 1 and an essay with the topic "Describe an incident or situation in your life which piqued your intellectual curiosity" is required. Past recipients have scored 30 or higher on the ACT or 1390 or higher on the SAT and demonstrated a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- Centre College - All students who apply for admission by January 15 are considered for a merit scholarship.
- Eastern Kentucky University - Enter your GPA and ACT/SAT score to see if you qualify for a merit scholarship.
- Morehead University will award new freshmen with a minimum 3.25 GPA and 22 ACT a $2,500 scholarship; a 3.50 and a 25 = $5,000; a 3.75 and 28 ACT = $8.000. Must apply by March 15. Honors Scholarship application due December 1. Scholarship information link.
- Murray State University - Must complete an MSU Scholarship application by January 15.
- Northern Kentucky University- will award new freshmen with a minimum 2.5 GPA and 21 composite ACT will be considered for a merit scholarship.
- Transylvania University the William T. Young, Kenan, & Trustee Scholarships application must be submitted by December 1.
- University of Kentucky - Completed admissions application and transcript must be received by December 1.
- University of Louisville - Honors Program requirements are 3.5 GPA , minimum 29 ACT and evidence of leadership, service and rigorous curriculum. Deadline for application is January 15.
- UofL Mentored Scholarships (Brown Fellows; Grawemeyer; MLK ; and MCConnell) deadline is December 15. UofL Guaranteed Entrance programs deadline is December 15.
- Western Kentucky University - Honors College application serves as the application for the Cherry Presidential scholarship if received by December 1. Admission application deadline is November 15. For all other scholarships, students must be admitted by January 15th and submit the TopDollar scholarship application and all required documents by February 1st.
Contact Rita S. Koontz, College & Career Counselor email@example.com.