COLLEGE & SCHOLARSHIP LETTERS - Please turn in copies of all acceptance letters and scholarship offers that you receive to Ms. Koontz, even if you don't plan to attend or accept. We keep track of this information.
Raiseme Scholarship - Earn micro-scholarships directly from four-year colleges for your school achievements starting in the 9th grade, all the way through to community college! Deadline varies by school.
Scholarship Search Sites - Five scholarship search platforms
KY Work Ready Scholarship - Be enrolled or accepted into an approved program of study that leads to an industry recognized certificate or diploma or Associate of Applied Science degree in a high-demand workforce sector. Qualifying areas are health care, advanced manufacturing, transportation/logistics, business services, IT and construction. Money is given on 1st come, 1st serve basis.
Mike Rowe Scholarship - giving more than $1,000,000 in scholarships. Must be in an approved program to include welding, diesel technology, construction, aviation technology etc. Deadline: April 14, 2022.
Global Lift Equipment Scholarship - $500. Must have a minimum 2.5 gpa. Deadline: April 15, 2022.
John and Sue Gompper Scholarship - Essay stating the impact soccer has made in your life. The basis for awarding scholarships will be community service and giving back to the game. Participation in soccer at the collegiate level is not a prerequisite. Deadline: April 21, 2022.
Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship - $1,000. OPEN TO JUNIORS. Must have a minimum 2.5 gpa and played a high school sport. Deadline: April 30, 2022.
The Lynn Ledford Memorial Scholarship - $1,000. To be awarded to one student attending any high school in Nelson County. Deadline: May 15, 2022.
American Legion Nelson County Post 42 & Bardstown Bourbon Company Children of 1st Responder Scholarship - $1,000. Parent or Guardian must work in Nelson County. Application in Ms. Koontz's office. Deadline: May 15, 2022.
Nelson County Homemakers Scholarship - $500. Must be a Nelson County resident planning on majoring in Family and Consumer Science, Agriculture, or a related field. See Ms. Koontz for an application. Deadline: May 16, 2022.
Bryan Cameron Education Foundation Scholarship - Four year, full-tuition, scholarship. OPEN TO JUNIORS ONLY. Must have demonstrated excellence in academics, extracurricular activities, leadership and service. Deadline: May 20, 2022.
PB&J Scholarship - up to $1,000. This annual scholarship is for students who have experienced personal challenges that may not have allowed them to perform well academically, but who still have the drive to succeed. No GPA requirement. Deadline: May 31, 2022.
El Dabbe Ritter Trial Lawyers Scholarship - $1,500. Minimum 3.0 gpa required. 500 word essay. Deadline: June 30, 2022.
NHS MEMBERS: Use www.nhs.us/scholardollars to search for more scholarships.
Naval Reserve Officers Training Scholarship - Minimum ACT Score Math 21, English 22,
Fitness Assessment scoresheet. Full tuition plus monthly $250 stipend.
U.S. Army ROTC Scholarship - Minimum 19 on ACT ; 2.5 GPA and meet physical
standards. Full tuition plus monthly stipend.
UPS (United Parcel Service) offers 100% tuition paid.
Advanced Manufacturing Technician Program / Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Earn money while you attend school. Attend class full time two days a week and work
Parents please contact your human-resources department or benefits manager to find out whether your employer offers scholarships.
- Assumption College - Annual $2,500 Scholarship for Catholic High School Students.
- Bellarmine University - Get a $1,000 for simply completing the FAFSA.
- Thomas More College gives $13,000 to Bethlehem graduates with a 2.5 and minimum 20 ACT. Bishop Roger J. Foys Ministry and Service Scholarship up to $32,000 must have at least a 22 ACT and 3.0 GPA. Visit Thomas More and receive an extra $1500 scholarship.
- Saint Michael's College in Vermont gives $5,000 per year to graduates from Catholic high schools. Admission application must be received by Feb. 1, 2015.
- Seton Hall University - Catholic high school graduates with a minimum 3.0 GPA and a 29 composite ACT will be awarded $2,000 annually for four years.
- Brescia University gives the Catholic Connection Grant (1/2 tuition) from Catholic high schools.
- Aquinas College (Nashville) gives $1,000 to students from a Catholic high school.
- Tennessee Tech offers Eagle's Reach Tuition Reduction program, a savings of $11,200 per year.
- Bellarmine University-The Bellarmine Scholars and Bellarmine Fellows awards, awarded to entering freshmen, are Bellarmine’s most prestigious academic scholarships. The application deadline is December 1 and an essay with the topic "Describe an incident or situation in your life which piqued your intellectual curiosity" is required. Past recipients have scored 30 or higher on the ACT or 1390 or higher on the SAT and demonstrated a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- Centre College - All students who apply for admission by January 15 are considered for a merit scholarship.
- Eastern Kentucky University - Enter your GPA and ACT/SAT score to see if you qualify for a merit scholarship.
- Morehead University will award new freshmen with a minimum 3.25 GPA and 22 ACT a $2,500 scholarship; a 3.50 and a 25 = $5,000; a 3.75 and 28 ACT = $8.000. Must apply by March 15. Honors Scholarship application due December 1. Scholarship information link.
- Murray State University - Must complete an MSU Scholarship application by January 15.
- Northern Kentucky University- will award new freshmen with a minimum 2.5 GPA and 21 composite ACT will be considered for a merit scholarship.
- Transylvania University the William T. Young, Kenan, & Trustee Scholarships application must be submitted by December 1.
- University of Kentucky - Completed admissions application and transcript must be received by December 1.
- University of Louisville - Honors Program requirements are 3.5 GPA , minimum 29 ACT and evidence of leadership, service and rigorous curriculum. Deadline for application is January 15.
- UofL Mentored Scholarships (Brown Fellows; Grawemeyer; MLK ; and MCConnell) deadline is December 15. UofL Guaranteed Entrance programs deadline is December 15.
- Western Kentucky University - Honors College application serves as the application for the Cherry Presidential scholarship if received by December 1. Admission application deadline is November 15. For all other scholarships, students must be admitted by January 15th and submit the TopDollar scholarship application and all required documents by February 1st.
Contact Rita S. Koontz, College & Career Counselor [email protected].