COLLEGE & SCHOLARSHIP LETTERS - Please turn in copies of all acceptance letters and scholarship offers that you receive to Ms. Koontz, even if you don't plan to attend or accept. We keep track of this information.
Raiseme Scholarship - Earn micro-scholarships directly from four-year colleges for your school achievements starting in the 9th grade, all the way through to community college! Deadline varies by school.
Scholarship Search Sites - Five scholarship search platforms
KY Work Ready Scholarship - Be enrolled or accepted into an approved program of study that leads to an industry recognized certificate or diploma or Associate of Applied Science degree in a high-demand workforce sector. Qualifying areas are health care, advanced manufacturing, transportation/logistics, business services, IT and construction. Money is given on 1st come, 1st serve basis.
Abound Credit Union - Howard Roush Scholarship - $2,500. Must be a member of Abound, minimum 3.0 gpa, and have been involved with community service. Deadline: August 1, 2020 (new deadline due to COVID-19)
Bluegrass Cellular Scholarship - $1,500. Two short essays required and must have service with Bluegrass Cellular. Deadline:April 15, 2020.
BHW Scholarship - $3,000. Must plan on majoring in a STEM field. An essay is required. Deadline: April 15, 2020.
Flaget Memorial Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship - $1,000. Minimum 3.0 gpa required. For students interested in pursuing medical or related careers. See Ms. Koontz for an application. Deadline: April 15, 2020.
Concerned Parents of Nelson County Scholarship - One page (about 300 words) essay required. See Ms. Koontz for an application. Deadline: April 15, 2020.
John and Sue Gompper Founders Scholarship - $1,000. Essay stating the impact soccer has made in your life. Deadline: April 21, 2020.
Rosetta Dodson Memorial Scholarship - For students attending Bethlehem or one of the local high schools. Minimum 2.5 gpa required. Essay 500 - 1000 words required. Deadline: April 30, 2020.
National CPR Association Scholarship - $3,000. For seniors pursuing a career in the medical field. 500 - 1500 word essay required. Deadline: April 30, 2020.
The Kia Great Unknowns Scholarship - For seniors pursuing a degree in the Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Arts, or Math (STEAM) fields. Minimum 3.8 gpa and demonstrate financial need. Deadline: April 30, 2020.
Brady Corbin Law Scholarship - $2,500. Essay approximately 500 words is required. Deadline: May 1, 2020.
American College Visionary Scholarship - up to $5,000. 500 word essay on "Why College is Important to Me". Deadline: May 1, 2020.
Mike Rowe Work Ethic Scholarship - Covers tuition for a trade program. The Work Ethic Scholarship Program doesn’t focus on test scores, grades, or grammar. It’s about the people who share values and understand the importance of work ethic, personal responsibility, delayed gratification, and a positive attitude. Deadline: May 1, 2020.
Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC Scholarship - $1,000. Minimum 3.0 gpa. An essay is required. Deadline: May 10, 2020.
Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship - FOR JUNIORS ONLY who are playing a high school or club sport ! Up to $2,000. There are 3 essay prompts. Deadline: May 31, 2020.
SigEd Scholarship - Sigma Phi Epsilon is proud to offer the Balanced Man Scholarship at over 140 universities to student leaders this year! $1,000. Deadline: June 1, 2020.
Nursing Incentive Scholarship Fund - $3,000. Requires that recipient must work full-time as a nurse in Kentucky for one year for each academic year funded. Deadline: June 1, 2020.
Adamson & Cleveland Essay and Video Contest - $1,000. 600 word or less essay or 2 minute video. Deadline: June 5, 2020.
Fleming College Scholarship - $1,000. 500 word or less essay or 2 minute video about smartphones. Deadline: June 5, 2020.
Truitt Law Offices Scholarship Essay and Video Contest - $1,000. 600 word or less essay or 2 minute video. Deadline: June 5, 2020.
McKinney, Tucker & Lemel, LLC Scholarship - $1,000. Submit an essay or video on drunk driving. Deadline: June 5, 2020.
AmericanTrucks Student Scholarships - $2,500. For a student going into a building trades program (carpentry, HVAC, electrical, or related fields of study). Deadline: June 15, 2020.
El Dabe Ritter Scholarship - $1,500. Minimum 3.0 gpa required. 500 word essay "Why having a higher education is important." . Deadline: June 20, 2020.
Breakthrough Junior Challenge - $250,000. Make a 3 minute video explaining a challenging math or science concept. Deadline: June 25, 2020.
Master Gardeners Association Scholarship - ( 2 ) $1,000 to a Nelson County graduate. For seniors planning to pursue a degree or career in horticultural/agricultural or related field. Applications are available from Ms. Koontz. Deadline: June 30, 2020.
The Montana Advocates Scholarship- 2 ($1,000) scholarships. Must be current or prospective student enrolled in an accredited institution within the U.S. 300-500 word essay about How has drunk driving affected car accident victims? What are some of the ways this could be prevented? What can you as an individual do to improve road safety? Deadline: June 30, 2020.
The Advocates Law Scholarship -2 ($1,000) scholarships. Must be current or prospective student enrolled in an accredited institution within the U.S. 300-500 word essay, "What are some of the problems we face on the roads? What laws could be changed to accomplish that goal? How can you contribute to improving road safety?" Deadline:June 30, 2020.
ABC Humane Wildlife Academic Scholarship for Women - $1,000. An essay "Why are you passionate about science, technology, engineering, or math, and how will your pursuit of these fields help preserve biodiversity, improve the health of our planet, or alleviate human suffering?" is required. Deadline: July 1, 2020.
Ponton Law Scholarship - $1,000. Minimum 3.0 gpa. Based primarily on merit and need. Deadline: July 31, 2020.
Kaplan Group Business Scholarship - $1,000. Minimum 2.5 gpa. Intended major must be Finance, Accounting, Law, Management, Entrepreneurship, Economics or Business Administration. Deadline: August 9, 2020.
NHS MEMBERS: Use www.nhs.us/scholardollars to search for more scholarships.
Naval Reserve Officers Training Scholarship - Minimum ACT Score Math 21, English 22,
Fitness Assessment scoresheet. Full tuition plus monthly $250 stipend.
U.S. Army ROTC Scholarship - Minimum 19 on ACT ; 2.5 GPA and meet physical
standards. Full tuition plus monthly stipend.
UPS (United Parcel Service) offers 100% tuition paid.
Advanced Manufacturing Technician Program / Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Earn money while you attend school. Attend class full time two days a week and work
Parents please contact your human-resources department or benefits manager to find out whether your employer offers scholarships.
- Assumption College - Annual $2,500 Scholarship for Catholic High School Students.
- Bellarmine University - Get a $1,000 for simply completing the FAFSA.
- Thomas More College gives $13,000 to Bethlehem graduates with a 2.5 and minimum 20 ACT. Bishop Roger J. Foys Ministry and Service Scholarship up to $32,000 must have at least a 22 ACT and 3.0 GPA. Visit Thomas More and receive an extra $1500 scholarship.
- Saint Michael's College in Vermont gives $5,000 per year to graduates from Catholic high schools. Admission application must be received by Feb. 1, 2015.
- Seton Hall University - Catholic high school graduates with a minimum 3.0 GPA and a 29 composite ACT will be awarded $2,000 annually for four years.
- Brescia University gives the Catholic Connection Grant (1/2 tuition) from Catholic high schools.
- Aquinas College (Nashville) gives $1,000 to students from a Catholic high school.
- Tennessee Tech offers Eagle's Reach Tuition Reduction program, a savings of $11,200 per year.
- Bellarmine University-The Bellarmine Scholars and Bellarmine Fellows awards, awarded to entering freshmen, are Bellarmine’s most prestigious academic scholarships. The application deadline is December 1 and an essay with the topic "Describe an incident or situation in your life which piqued your intellectual curiosity" is required. Past recipients have scored 30 or higher on the ACT or 1390 or higher on the SAT and demonstrated a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- Centre College - All students who apply for admission by January 15 are considered for a merit scholarship.
- Eastern Kentucky University - Enter your GPA and ACT/SAT score to see if you qualify for a merit scholarship.
- Morehead University will award new freshmen with a minimum 3.25 GPA and 22 ACT a $2,500 scholarship; a 3.50 and a 25 = $5,000; a 3.75 and 28 ACT = $8.000. Must apply by March 15. Honors Scholarship application due December 1. Scholarship information link.
- Murray State University - Must complete an MSU Scholarship application by January 15.
- Northern Kentucky University- will award new freshmen with a minimum 2.5 GPA and 21 composite ACT will be considered for a merit scholarship.
- Transylvania University the William T. Young, Kenan, & Trustee Scholarships application must be submitted by December 1.
- University of Kentucky - Completed admissions application and transcript must be received by December 1.
- University of Louisville - Honors Program requirements are 3.5 GPA , minimum 29 ACT and evidence of leadership, service and rigorous curriculum. Deadline for application is January 15.
- UofL Mentored Scholarships (Brown Fellows; Grawemeyer; MLK ; and MCConnell) deadline is December 15. UofL Guaranteed Entrance programs deadline is December 15.
- Western Kentucky University - Honors College application serves as the application for the Cherry Presidential scholarship if received by December 1. Admission application deadline is November 15. For all other scholarships, students must be admitted by January 15th and submit the TopDollar scholarship application and all required documents by February 1st.
Contact Rita S. Koontz, College & Career Counselor email@example.com.