COLLEGE & SCHOLARSHIP LETTERS - Please turn in copies of all acceptance letters and scholarship offers that you receive to Ms. Koontz, even if you don't plan to attend or accept. We keep track of this information.
Raiseme Scholarship - Earn micro-scholarships directly from four-year colleges for your school achievements starting in the 9th grade, all the way through to community college! Deadline varies by school.
Scholarship Search Sites - Five scholarship search platforms
KY Work Ready Scholarship - Be enrolled or accepted into an approved program of study that leads to an industry recognized certificate or diploma or Associate of Applied Science degree in a high-demand workforce sector. Qualifying areas are health care, advanced manufacturing, transportation/logistics, business services, IT and construction. Money is given on 1st come, 1st serve basis.
NHS Scholarship - up to $25,000. Open to NHS members. Deadline: December 1, 2020.
Science Ambassador Scholarship - up to $40,000. A full–tuition scholarship for a woman in science, technology, engineering, or math. Deadline: December 14, 2020.
Write Stuff Essay (Gilda's Club)- $500. Write an essay, poem, create a video or art piece with a cancer connection. Deadline: December 15, 2020.
KY Association of School Business Scholarship - $2,500. Two letters of recommendation required. For students planning on majoring in business or education. Deadline: December 15, 2020.
Equitable Excellence Scholarship - up to $50,000. Demonstrate courage, strength and wisdom as shown by community impact through volunteer service. Deadline: December 15, 2020.
Burger King Scholars Scholarship - up to $50,000. Minimum 2.5 gpa. Deadline: December 15, 2020.
Avacare Medical Scholarship - $1,000. Must be pursuing a degree in the medical field such as therapy, nursing, medicine, nutrition, laboratory science, dentistry, health law, etc. Minimum gpa = 3.0. Deadline: December 15, 2020.
Zippia's Teacher Dream Job Scholarship - $1,000. 500 words or less on why you want to be a teacher. Deadline: December 31, 2020.
National Field Archery Association Scholarship - up to $500. Must be a member of NFAA . Deadline: December 31.
Free Speech Essay Contest - up to $10,000. Open to juniors and seniors. Submit an essay between 700 and 900 words on a provided prompt. Deadline: December 31, 2020.$500 - $1,000.
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship - up to $40,000. Minimum 3.0 gpa. Based on leadership, drive and integrity. Deadline: January 5, 2021.
Foot Locker Scholar Athlete Scholarship - up to $20,000. Minimum 3.0 gpa. Must be currently involved in sports. Deadline: January 8, 2021.
MENSA Scholarship - up to $2,500. Required 550 word or less essay. Deadline: January 15, 2021.
The Hope for Healing Scholarship - $5,000. Minimum 3.5 cumulative gpa. Focus area of mental and behavioral health or psychiatric nursing. Deadline: January 15, 2021.
Profile in Courage Essay Contest - up to $10,000. Minimum of 700 words but no more than 1,000 words. Write and original and creative essay. Deadline: January 15, 2021.
Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship - up to $30,000. Minimum 21 ACT. For a minority student showing leadership potential and demonstrating some need. Deadline: February 1, 2021.
Alzheimer's Foundation of America Scholarship - up to $5,000. 1,200 - 1,500 word essay about alzheimer is required. Deadline: February 15, 2021.
Flavorful Futures Scholarship - $5,000. Minimum 2.5 gpa. Deadline: February 15, 2021.
Vegetarian Scholarship - up to $10,000. Essay on promoting a vegetarian diet. Deadline: February 20, 2021.
Roush Scholarship - $2,500. Must be a member of Abound Credit Union for six months. Must be a member as of September 30, 2020. Deadline: March 2021.
Max Scholarships for Leadership presented by Jarboe's - $1,000. For individuals who have demonstrated integrity, kindness and commitment in school, at home and in the community. Deadline: March 31, 2021.
KY Federation of Republican Women - $1,500. For a senior girl who has been politically active within the Republican Party. Deadline: April 1, 2021. (email Ms. Koontz for an application).
NHS MEMBERS: Use www.nhs.us/scholardollars to search for more scholarships.
Naval Reserve Officers Training Scholarship - Minimum ACT Score Math 21, English 22,
Fitness Assessment scoresheet. Full tuition plus monthly $250 stipend.
U.S. Army ROTC Scholarship - Minimum 19 on ACT ; 2.5 GPA and meet physical
standards. Full tuition plus monthly stipend.
UPS (United Parcel Service) offers 100% tuition paid.
Advanced Manufacturing Technician Program / Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Earn money while you attend school. Attend class full time two days a week and work
Parents please contact your human-resources department or benefits manager to find out whether your employer offers scholarships.
- Assumption College - Annual $2,500 Scholarship for Catholic High School Students.
- Bellarmine University - Get a $1,000 for simply completing the FAFSA.
- Thomas More College gives $13,000 to Bethlehem graduates with a 2.5 and minimum 20 ACT. Bishop Roger J. Foys Ministry and Service Scholarship up to $32,000 must have at least a 22 ACT and 3.0 GPA. Visit Thomas More and receive an extra $1500 scholarship.
- Saint Michael's College in Vermont gives $5,000 per year to graduates from Catholic high schools. Admission application must be received by Feb. 1, 2015.
- Seton Hall University - Catholic high school graduates with a minimum 3.0 GPA and a 29 composite ACT will be awarded $2,000 annually for four years.
- Brescia University gives the Catholic Connection Grant (1/2 tuition) from Catholic high schools.
- Aquinas College (Nashville) gives $1,000 to students from a Catholic high school.
- Tennessee Tech offers Eagle's Reach Tuition Reduction program, a savings of $11,200 per year.
- Bellarmine University-The Bellarmine Scholars and Bellarmine Fellows awards, awarded to entering freshmen, are Bellarmine’s most prestigious academic scholarships. The application deadline is December 1 and an essay with the topic "Describe an incident or situation in your life which piqued your intellectual curiosity" is required. Past recipients have scored 30 or higher on the ACT or 1390 or higher on the SAT and demonstrated a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- Centre College - All students who apply for admission by January 15 are considered for a merit scholarship.
- Eastern Kentucky University - Enter your GPA and ACT/SAT score to see if you qualify for a merit scholarship.
- Morehead University will award new freshmen with a minimum 3.25 GPA and 22 ACT a $2,500 scholarship; a 3.50 and a 25 = $5,000; a 3.75 and 28 ACT = $8.000. Must apply by March 15. Honors Scholarship application due December 1. Scholarship information link.
- Murray State University - Must complete an MSU Scholarship application by January 15.
- Northern Kentucky University- will award new freshmen with a minimum 2.5 GPA and 21 composite ACT will be considered for a merit scholarship.
- Transylvania University the William T. Young, Kenan, & Trustee Scholarships application must be submitted by December 1.
- University of Kentucky - Completed admissions application and transcript must be received by December 1.
- University of Louisville - Honors Program requirements are 3.5 GPA , minimum 29 ACT and evidence of leadership, service and rigorous curriculum. Deadline for application is January 15.
- UofL Mentored Scholarships (Brown Fellows; Grawemeyer; MLK ; and MCConnell) deadline is December 15. UofL Guaranteed Entrance programs deadline is December 15.
- Western Kentucky University - Honors College application serves as the application for the Cherry Presidential scholarship if received by December 1. Admission application deadline is November 15. For all other scholarships, students must be admitted by January 15th and submit the TopDollar scholarship application and all required documents by February 1st.
Contact Rita S. Koontz, College & Career Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org.