COLLEGE & SCHOLARSHIP LETTERS - Please turn in copies of all acceptance letters and scholarship offers that you receive to Ms. Koontz, even if you don't plan to attend or accept. We keep track of this information.
Raiseme Scholarship - Earn micro-scholarships directly from four-year colleges for your school achievements starting in the 9th grade, all the way through to community college! Deadline varies by school.
Scholarship Search Sites - Five scholarship search platforms
KY Work Ready Scholarship - Be enrolled or accepted into an approved program of study that leads to an industry recognized certificate or diploma or Associate of Applied Science degree in a high-demand workforce sector. Qualifying areas are health care, advanced manufacturing, transportation/logistics, business services, IT and construction. Money is given on 1st come, 1st serve basis.
Jackson Breunig Engineering Scholarship - $1,000. Applicant's intended major must be in engineering. There is a 500 word essay required. Deadline: March 22, 2021. Email Ms. Koontz for an application.
Frances Kateri "Teri" Edelen Memorial Scholarship - $15000. This scholarship is for a Bethlehem senior who intends to major in nursing. A 500 word essay is required. Deadline: March 22, 2021. Email Ms. Koontz for an application.
Nelson County Farm Bureau Scholarship - Must be a member of Nelson County Farm Bureau as of January 1. 300 words or less Why You Are Applying for This Scholarship. Deadline: March 26, 2021. (see Ms. Koontz for an application.)
Max Scholarships for Leadership presented by Jarboe's - $1,000. For individuals who have demonstrated integrity, kindness and commitment in school, at home and in the community. Deadline: March 31, 2021.
KY Federation of Republican Women - $1,500. For a senior girl who has been politically active within the Republican Party. Deadline: April 1, 2021. (email Ms. Koontz for an application).
Baptist Health Auxiliary Scholarship - $1,000. For students having intentions of entering a medical field of study. Must be a resident of the 10 country service area. Deadline: April 1, 2021. (see Ms. Koontz for an application).
KY Home Extension Master Gardeners' Scholarship - $1,000. Must be a Nelson County resident planning on going to a community college or university majoring in forestry, biochemistry, environmental programs, ecology or a field related to horticulture. Deadline: April 2, 2021. (email Ms. Koontz for an application).
Salt River Electric Scholarship - $1,000. Must reside on Salt River Electric lines, have a minimum 2.5 gpa, and must complete a typed 500 word essay. 30% of score is based on need. Deadline: April 8, 2021.
Flaget Memorial Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship - $1,000. 100 words or less stating why you deserve this scholarship is required and 2 letters of recommendations. Deadline: April 8, 2021. (email Ms. Koontz for an application).
Mary H. and William E. Buckler Academic Scholarship - up to $2,000 per semester. Must reside in Marion County and have significant need for financial assistance. Deadline: April 30, 2021. (see Ms. Koontz for an application)
American Legion Post 42 Bardstown Scholarship - $500. At least one parent must be a veteran and have proof. Deadline: May 15, 2021. (see Ms. Koontz for an application).
American Legion Post 42 Bardstown 1st Reponder Scholarship - $500. One parent must work at either Bardstown Police Dept., Nelson County Sheriff's, Bardstown Fire Dept., Nelson County Fire Dept., Nelson County Ambulance or EMA. Deadline: May 15, 2021. (see Ms. Koontz for an application).
Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship - (100) $1,000 scholarships for the class of 2022. Minimum 2.5 gpa. Must play a high school or club sport. Deadline: May 31, 2021.
Promote Your School Scholarship - $500. Open for SOPHOMORES only. 200 word essay. How I will inspire others to do better or How education makes a stronger community. Deadline: May 31, 2021.
Elevate Mental Health Awareness Scholarship - $500. Must have personally experienced challenges with mental health or have had people close to them who have experienced mental health challenges. Deadline: June 1, 2021.
NHS MEMBERS: Use www.nhs.us/scholardollars to search for more scholarships.
Naval Reserve Officers Training Scholarship - Minimum ACT Score Math 21, English 22,
Fitness Assessment scoresheet. Full tuition plus monthly $250 stipend.
U.S. Army ROTC Scholarship - Minimum 19 on ACT ; 2.5 GPA and meet physical
standards. Full tuition plus monthly stipend.
UPS (United Parcel Service) offers 100% tuition paid.
Advanced Manufacturing Technician Program / Bluegrass Community and Technical College
Earn money while you attend school. Attend class full time two days a week and work
Parents please contact your human-resources department or benefits manager to find out whether your employer offers scholarships.
- Assumption College - Annual $2,500 Scholarship for Catholic High School Students.
- Bellarmine University - Get a $1,000 for simply completing the FAFSA.
- Thomas More College gives $13,000 to Bethlehem graduates with a 2.5 and minimum 20 ACT. Bishop Roger J. Foys Ministry and Service Scholarship up to $32,000 must have at least a 22 ACT and 3.0 GPA. Visit Thomas More and receive an extra $1500 scholarship.
- Saint Michael's College in Vermont gives $5,000 per year to graduates from Catholic high schools. Admission application must be received by Feb. 1, 2015.
- Seton Hall University - Catholic high school graduates with a minimum 3.0 GPA and a 29 composite ACT will be awarded $2,000 annually for four years.
- Brescia University gives the Catholic Connection Grant (1/2 tuition) from Catholic high schools.
- Aquinas College (Nashville) gives $1,000 to students from a Catholic high school.
- Tennessee Tech offers Eagle's Reach Tuition Reduction program, a savings of $11,200 per year.
- Bellarmine University-The Bellarmine Scholars and Bellarmine Fellows awards, awarded to entering freshmen, are Bellarmine’s most prestigious academic scholarships. The application deadline is December 1 and an essay with the topic "Describe an incident or situation in your life which piqued your intellectual curiosity" is required. Past recipients have scored 30 or higher on the ACT or 1390 or higher on the SAT and demonstrated a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- Centre College - All students who apply for admission by January 15 are considered for a merit scholarship.
- Eastern Kentucky University - Enter your GPA and ACT/SAT score to see if you qualify for a merit scholarship.
- Morehead University will award new freshmen with a minimum 3.25 GPA and 22 ACT a $2,500 scholarship; a 3.50 and a 25 = $5,000; a 3.75 and 28 ACT = $8.000. Must apply by March 15. Honors Scholarship application due December 1. Scholarship information link.
- Murray State University - Must complete an MSU Scholarship application by January 15.
- Northern Kentucky University- will award new freshmen with a minimum 2.5 GPA and 21 composite ACT will be considered for a merit scholarship.
- Transylvania University the William T. Young, Kenan, & Trustee Scholarships application must be submitted by December 1.
- University of Kentucky - Completed admissions application and transcript must be received by December 1.
- University of Louisville - Honors Program requirements are 3.5 GPA , minimum 29 ACT and evidence of leadership, service and rigorous curriculum. Deadline for application is January 15.
- UofL Mentored Scholarships (Brown Fellows; Grawemeyer; MLK ; and MCConnell) deadline is December 15. UofL Guaranteed Entrance programs deadline is December 15.
- Western Kentucky University - Honors College application serves as the application for the Cherry Presidential scholarship if received by December 1. Admission application deadline is November 15. For all other scholarships, students must be admitted by January 15th and submit the TopDollar scholarship application and all required documents by February 1st.
Contact Rita S. Koontz, College & Career Counselor email@example.com.